By Charmin Foth, NKBPA Communications Chair
I am very excited about this new promotion for our members. I think it will be an excellent way for members to learn more about each other and to promote their businesses.
The videos are a simple YouTube marketing strategy and will live on the North Knoxville Business & Professional Association’s YouTube page as long as the company is a member of the organization or until the business asks to remove it. It is my goal to do a 20 to 30-minute video interview and break it up into smaller bite-sized segments ranging from 2 to 6 minutes long. This gives the business several short videos to capture interest in the marketplace. Much more than 6 minutes and you lose your viewers. The videos will be shared on my blog “On a Roll” and through my social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn. It will also be shared on the NKBPA’s site, LinkedIn and Facebook pages.
The interviews need to take place in a quiet environment with no interruptions, so I usually suggest before or after business hours, or on a day you are closed. If you have photos of your business or products you would like to highlight, those can be included in the video as well and you can email those to me in a jpeg format.
Everyone wants to know how the process works, so here it is:
- First we schedule your interview.
- Next we discuss the script to bring out your business in the best possible light. I offer a sample script for you to approve. Remember, this is a general informational video with a long shelf life so don’t limit your time with dated sales or specials.
- Once the script is approved and your scheduled video date is reconfirmed. I show up, set up the lights and the camera, this takes about 10 minutes. I generally like to have a table to put notes or a bottle of water on, outside the range of the camera. This way if you get flustered you can easily refer back to your script. It is not something that is strictly rehearsed, I strive for the tone to be conversational and informative. I make the whole process as easy and comfortable as possible, (no need for stage fright) it’s just you and I talking about your passion, your vision, your business and of course why you are a member of the North Knoxville Business and Professional Association.
- Once the videoing is complete. I edit our conversation into bite-sized segments for the audience. This usually takes a little time, but I will let you know as soon as it is ready.
- After editing the business has the opportunity to approve the video before the public sees it.
- Once approved, the video goes live on all the social media and websites mentioned above and you receive a link to embed in your own website if you choose.
There is NO COST as long as you are a member of the NKBPA. Ask Tim Adams of Wesley House, we had a great time talking and if you haven’t already viewed the first installment see it here:
or visit my blog at http://charminfoth.com/2015/01/04/getting-to-know-wesley-house/
It is my goal to publish a new video once a week, but to do that, I need your cooperation. So if you are interested, I need to get your interview booked on the calendar today. The sooner you interview, the sooner you go live on the world wide web.
If you have questions or you are ready to schedule your interview contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come on NKBPA members, let’s get you noticed!